Order Fulfillment Associate – ESP International – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to meet the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Deliver great customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate the Core Values: Expertise, Service, and Passion.
The Warehouse/Shipping team will strive to meet warehouse efficiency, accuracy, and on-time delivery goals. The Order Fulfillment Associate will be responsible for communicating lean opportunities in an effort to continually improve the shipping process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows processes and procedures, work instructions and reference guides
- Full understanding of order shipping requirements
- Monitors work for accuracy, implement productivity standards and participates in resolving daily operational problems
- Full understanding of Shipping codes
- Has knowledge of the Warehouse Management System shipping process
- Prepare pallet shipments
- Knowledge of shipping services including: UPS, FEDX, DHL Online, and LTL Carriers
- Aware of Customer order consolidation requirements
- Navigate through customer web sites to properly record customer schedule pickups
- Communicate directly with third party logistics complaints to schedule shipments
- Ability to perform a variety of customer requirements
- Help implement and maintain lean initiatives
- Report waste throughout shipping process
- Communicate shipping opportunities in an effort to continually improve shipping process
Maintains Professional & Technical Knowledge
- Attends educational workshops and networking opportunities
- Reviews professional publications
Contributes to Team & Company While Demonstrating ESP’s Core Values
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each essential job result satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience High school diploma or equivalent degree (GED), 1 year of related warehouse or inventory management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as budgets, engineering drawings, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of ESP associates.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to interpret graphs
- Reasoning Ability: Able to display high level reasoning skills in order to solve multiple, complex situations.
- Other Critical Competencies:
- Work Environment/Safety: Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace clean and safe, and supports safety programs.
- Dependibility: Meets commitments while working independently. Accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Productivity: Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, and prioritizes tasks. Develops good work procedures, manages time well, and handles information flow.
- Quality: Attentive to detail and accuracy and committed to excellence. Continuously looks for improvements, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, and owns/acts on quality problems.
Other Skills and Abilities Have the ability to operate a computer, PC equipment, warehouse related software and labeling machines. Able to operate or train in the use of standup and sit down forklifts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
The physical demands described below are representative of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform as required.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to:
- Stand for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or reach
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move same materials weighing 75 pounds
- Use close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The associate must be willing to work in a fast paced, high stressed environment
- May be required to travel long distances with overnight stays possible
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Order+Fulfillment+Associate&c=ESP+International&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=f0ec575d31c56f10&rtk=1fch8ck43u4sp800&from=rss→