Part Time Home Health Aide – Visiting Angels – Cedar Rapids, IA
$13 – $15 an hour
Full Job Description
A Part Time Home Health Aide with Visiting Angels Cedar Rapids supports the seniors they serve with a wide range of responsibilities from light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation to one-on-one mobility assistance and providing transportation. A Part Time Home Health Aide job with us is also an opportunity for personal growth. We offer the opportunity for advanced training in areas like dementia care or Alzheimer’s care so that caregivers can continue to develop their skills.
Visiting Angels Work Environment
Our compassionate caregivers are the backbone of everything we do, and we think of them as family. We are always searching to add more family members to our caregiver team, and you could be one of them!
- Do you enjoy caring for others?
- Do you take pride in helping seniors with their daily activities and instilling much-needed companionship?
- Are you searching for a meaningful career in an industry that needs your talents?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, then we have the perfect senior care job opportunity for you. In fact, caregivers across the nation have voted Visiting Angels as a “Best Place to Work,” an honor we take great pride in every day.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Weekly Pay
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Short Shift
Part Time Home Health Aide Responsibilities
- Help clients take prescribed medication
- Assist clients with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, walks, etc.)
- Assist clients with personal care and hygiene
- Help clients with routine exercises
- Plan and prepare meals with assistance from the clients (when they are able)
- Do the client’s shopping or accompany them when they shop
- Perform light housekeeping duties that clients can’t complete on their own
- Be a pleasant and supportive companion
- Report any unusual incidents
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
Part Time Home Health Aide Requirements
- Passion to serve others – a true caregiver
- Excellent knowledge of emergency response and first aid
- Knowledge of housekeeping activities and cooking with attention to dietary constraints
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics
- Physical endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Home+Health+Aide&c=Visiting+Angels&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=2d56e812f799aded&rtk=1g8vng6h1k62r800&from=rss→