Patient Services Representative – Area Substance Abuse Council – Cedar Rapids, IA
Area Substance Abuse Council
From $15.10 an hour
Full Job Description
Description: New Starting Pay!
Area Substance Abuse Council’s mission is to provide comprehensive behavioral health services delivered with dignity, respect and professionalism, to reduce the impact of substance use and gambling disorders. We are seeking a full-time Patient Services Representative (PSR).
PSRs are a critical part of the team as they are often the first contact a patient may have when engaging in our services. PSRs will:
- Provide excellent customer service; greet all incoming patients/visitors and notify appropriate staff person of their arrival
- Allocate calls to appropriate department and/or staff member
- Schedule patient appointments, confirm appointments, and manage appointment schedules to ensure timely patient flow and accurate reporting
- Collect all required patient information necessary to ensure accurate demographic entry
- Verify insurance eligibility and benefits to ensure accurate and timely remittance, verify and inform patient of program eligibility through State and organizational opportunities (Sliding Fee scale) and inform patient of financial responsibility
- Manage patient communication and correspondence (phone, fax, mail, letter, text)
- Collect patient payments
- Ensure accurate and timely information exchange with clinical department
- Reconcile cash drawer to ensure accuracy
- Travel as required to attend meetings and trainings
- Maintains strict confidentiality, in accordance with HIPAA and 42CFR
. Requirements: Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma/GED. Candidates must have strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office programs, be effective communicators both orally and in writing and have experience with a multi-line phone system.
Salary and Benefits
ASAC offers competitive compensation as this position* starts at $15.10 and is eligible for a pay increase after a successful 90-day introductory period*. Full-time staff are eligible for Health and Dental, FSA, company paid Life/AD&D/LTD, Voluntary Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Paid Holidays, a 403(b) Retirement plan and generous PTO, Vacation and Sick Leave Plans.
ASAC is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.10 per hour