Physical Therapy Assistant – Cedar Rapids – SNF and/or Home Health – PRN – Millennium Rehab & Consulting Inc. – Cedar Rapids, IA
Millennium Rehab & Consulting Inc.
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $54.6K – $69.2K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Full Job Description
POSITION TITLE: Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
REPORTS TO: Clinic and/or Area Manager and supervising Physical Therapist
Assists in the provision of screens, collection of assessment data, and direct treatment to a general rehab caseload under the direction and supervision of the Physical Therapist. Participates in the clinical team process. Provides teaching and training to care giver staff. Participates in clinical program development.
May, where allowed by law, supervise the Rehab Tech, PT Aide, and/or Rehab Aide.
- Conducts resident screens (without interpretation) as directed by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Collects assessment data, as part of the evaluation process, as directed by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Under a physician’s order, provides direct treatment to patients/residents as directed by and according to the plan of care outlined by the supervising Physical Therapist where allowed by law. Treatment venue includes one-on-one, supervised and group.
- Documents patient/resident progress toward meeting established goals as stated in the treatment plan outlined by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Provides training to patients, residents, caregivers and families according to the plan of care outlined by the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Completes documentation of direct treatment provided within established time frames.
- Prepares treatment materials and assists with other clerical duties as directed by the Physical Therapist.
- Participates with the Physical Therapist in research projects, in-service training and public relations programs.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for service and operational excellence of all assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services and/or outcomes required to meet or exceed the expectations of those utilizing or impacted by the department.
- Exhibits courtesy, compassion and respect to patients, residents, families, care givers, visitors, physicians, administrators and co-workers.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be involved in the position.
- All of Millennium Rehab & Consulting, Inc.
- Involved with a variety of employees in a geographically dispersed area.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work is performed in the Rehabilitation Department and on patient care units. Occasional exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, anti-neoplastic pharmaceuticals and other materials and substances that may be used in patient care or on the patient care unit.
- Light to moderate travel to other sites may be required.
Essential Physical Demands:
- Position requires 40% standing, 20% sitting, 40% walking.
- Position requires effective verbal and written communication, adequate visual acuity for chart review and clinical tasks, adequate hearing acuity for communicating with patients, families, and other professionals.
- Frequent physical effort with lifting medium to heavy, bulky, and awkward objects and patients. Adequate physical endurance for walking, standing, lifting, reaching, transferring patients/residents, weighing between 100 to 250 lbs. is frequently required, or pushing carts.
- Position requires considerable effort on ongoing basis as in pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and assisting in restraining patients.
- Complete range of motion including fine motor skills of both hands is needed. Manual dexterity needed for documentation needs, for manipulation of equipment and for direct patient care.
- Good visual skills needed for patient/resident’s assessment, documentation, and report analysis.
Essential Mental Demands:
- Requires intense attention and concentration.
- Ability to cope with periodic stress associated with changing census and staffing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage time effectively for self and other.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of personality types, ages and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to articulate and comprehend the English Language.
- Bi-lingual skills may be required for certain facilities.
External and internal candidates, as well as, position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the company on a case-by-case basis.
- Associates Degree from an APTA accredited program.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in states that regulate the Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Utilizes effective time management skills.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-faceted systems and to interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.