Principal Specialist, Contracts – Supply Chain – Remote Option – Collins Aerospace – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Principal Specialist, Contracts – Supply Chain
We have an immediate need for a Principal Specialist, Contracts in the Avionics Strategic Business Unit, headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This position requires a combination of skills including: Experience in commercial contracting, risk assessment analysis and mitigation strategy development, leading team negotiations, commodity management and the ability to draft and negotiate contractural terms and conditions. This position is responsible for ensuring Collins Aerospace has properly negotiated and approved agreements for all product commodities inside Avionics. This position will be expected to work independently in the contract review and execution process to ensure contractual requirements are met including any customer requirements or flow downs (commercial or military), and adherence to all applicable policies and procedures.
This position can be located on-site in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, or remote.
- Reviews incoming internal stakeholder Requests for Proposals (RFP) against proposal requirements, terms and conditions applicability, and compliance with company policies and procedures. Responsible for structuring and administering contractual documents that establish business relationships with suppliers. Coordinates inputs from Commodity, Procurement, Program Office, Engineering, Legal, etc. to structure contracts.
- Plans and leads negotiation efforts with suppliers including the development of negotiation strategies which meet business objectives.
- Reviews contractual terms and conditions for their acceptability, as well as assessing the risk and impact to the proposal or procurement activity. Analyzes contracts to ensure compliance to company policies, government and commercial specifications and other requirements.
- Manages contract performance from beginning to end for conformance to original proposal or contract.
- Briefs Commodity team, Senior Management and other functional areas on contract status, including obtaining appropriate level DOA for contract execution, as required.
- Utilizes legal resources and other subject matter experts to ensure all levels of risk are recognized and subsequently addressed through development of unique contract terms and conditions.
- Operates in accordance with company policies and complies with accepted business ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience OR In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Preferred (Desired) Experience:
- Supply Chain contracting
- Juris Doctorate degree
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach resources
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Position will be based in Cedar Rapids, IA; consideration to work remotely will be given to highly qualified candidates. Relocation assistance is available once we return to the site.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Principal+Specialist&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=7c1e8555bafbe00d&rtk=1fjp3hq5n3ohr000&from=rss→