Regional Director of Clinical Services – Ivy Healthcare – Cedar Rapids, IA
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $89.3K – $113K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Ivy Healthcare is committed to promoting wellness, healing, and independence for all lives we touch. We manage and operate a number of skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities throughout the country, where the care is crafted for each resident and the kindness comes from the heart.
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Regional Director of Clinical Services (RDCS) to join our corporate team.
The Regional Director of Clinical Services (RDCS) will support the Nursing Department in a consulting role in accordance with company policies, standards of nursing practices and governmental regulations to maintain excellent care of all residents’ needs in our facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors clinical advancements within the industry
- Maintains clinical competencies of laws and regulations, keeping abreast of current changes that may affect our facilities
- Completes assigned projectsand tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident care information to assure resident rights are protected
- Supports the overall objectives of the company
- Ability to assist the facilities 24/7 via phone
- Leads by example, upholds and promotes the culture, mission, and values of the company
- Complies with all laws, regulations, and standards of ethical conduct
- Performs all job duties with a friendly positive and team-oriented approach
- Provides clinical guidance to ensure optimal quality of care is being delivered throughout the region
- Reviews reported issues, concerns, or questions relative to clinical matters. Provides consultative leadership support as appropriate
- Communicates effectively with staff, physicians, and corporate leadership, utilizing diplomacy and discretion
- Identifies and participates in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance workflow, and/or improve the work environment
- Performs duties including, but not limited to, training and developing nursing administrative staff, coaching and mentoring directors of nursing, review of clinical systems
- Participates in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized governmental agencies
- Reviews and analyzes state survey and quality assurance along with Abaqis results to assist in the development of action plans
- Assists with response to regulatory bodies as requested
- Works with Regional Director of Operations and Regional VP of clinical operations to execute company strategic plan and regional goals for improving quality and business objectives
- Analyzes and trends the weekly/monthly clinical reports, Dietary Consultant Reports, Pharmacy Consultant Reports and ensure appropriate actions are taken by center staff
- Evaluates the company’s nursing services departments, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility
- Ensures the center’s director of nursing has assumed administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for all functions, activities, and training of the nursing department
- Participates in supervisor meetings, resident care plan meetings, Safety Committee Meetings, Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee Meetings, In-service Education, Family Council and any other meeting as directed by the RDO or RVP Clinical Services
- Meets with nursing staff and center leadership, as needed.
- Provides guidance to center leadership regarding admission and placement of proposed residents, when needed
- Monitors the nursing services and their clinical capabilities and competencies to deliver the needed services
- Participates in coordination of resident services through departmental and appropriate staff committee meetings
- Audits facility documentation for accuracy, timeliness and applicability and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Audits physician visits and documentation for timeliness and follow through
- Audits compliance of clinical systems to promote regulatory compliance
- During routine visits, conducts rounds of the nursing department to assess the knowledge, skills, techniques, procedure, and performance of the nursing staff in accordance with acceptable nursing standards
- Provides appropriate departmental in-service education programs in compliance with Corporate, State and Federal guidelines
- Works closely with Administrator and DON in resolving grievances with nursing staff, family members, and residents
- Collaborates with facility leadership on all reportable incidents and review the completed investigation
- Collaborates with the DON and Administrator in developing, implementing, reviewing, and revising clinical performance improvement activities and goal setting
- Assists Administrators and DONs in planning, organizing, evaluating and the maintenance of the Clinical department
- Consults with Administrators and DONs to ensure the needed supplies and equipment are available to meet resident needs
- Meets with Administrator and DON during visits to apprise them of any changes in clinical practices, policies or rule changes along with overview of the visit
- Provides consultation to ensure facilities follow OSHA along with state and federal regulations
- Reviews on each visit the overall IC plan and antibiotic stewardship program and that all components of these programs are in place
- Ensures that all nursing service personnel follow established departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate dress codes
- Reviews clinical Matrix (802) on each visit for accuracy
- Reviews with DON on each visit QMs via simple ltc and collaborates with CRC with training initiatives on any QM’s above thresholds
- Reviews Quality Indicator reports with the DON monthly and assists with action plans as needed
- Review staffing patterns with DON and participates in the facility assessment
- Demonstrates understanding of the EMR system to ensure compliance
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- Extensive travel required
- Registered Nurse in good standing with required current state license
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience
- 3 years management/supervisory experience required
- Must have 2 years multi nursing facility management experience
- Must have a current/active CPR certification
- Significant technical experience and demonstrated leadership/management skills
- Restorative care philosophy, excellent professional skills (both assessment and hands-on), and good communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of long-term care regulations.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with employees and vendors.
Competitive salary (commensurate with experience), excellent benefits and many incentives and perks! Apply today! EOE.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Regional+Director+Clinical+Service&c=Ivy+Healthcare&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=47ddb0c726e9fdab&rtk=1g9fjitbhhaqq800&from=rss→