Safety Trainer – CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. – Cedar Rapids, IA
CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc.
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $41.5K – $52.5K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Cedar Rapids, IA.
CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc. is Delivering Promises and Driving Success to Ensure Everyone Has What’s Needed to Live and Thrive. Today, more than ever, we are looking for talented individuals who will help us bring this vision to life.
CRST the Transportation Solutions, Inc. is looking to add another self-motivated Safety Trainer to our growing organization in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Job Summary: CRST’s Dedicated Solutions division is focused on service excellence to retailers and producers who need consistent, dependable, high-quality delivery services. We provide customers the flexibility of a private fleet, without the expense. Dedicated Solutions is divided into east and west divisions.
The Safety Trainer is responsible for conducting the orientation and hiring process, including road testing drivers and conducting classes for DOT requirements, entry-level driver training, and CRST policies.
What you will gain: Our internal practices support the development of career paths, and highly value promoting from within the organization. With a variety of divisions and locations all over the United States, the potential for growth is limitless. We also offer a competitive compensation package, including paid training, paid time off, and a full benefits package. This includes medical, vision, dental, and life insurance, beginning after your first 60 days of employment.
- Check driver applicants into orientation.
- Obtain and prepare materials for driver qualification files, Work with the Safety Administrator to eliminate driver application issues/problems and track completion items during the orientation and hiring process.
- Monitor and reorder inventory items and supplies for office and orientation classes.
- Conduct classroom environment training on tractor-trailer operations and safety, DOT regulations, entry-level driver training, and company policies and procedures, coordinating with multiple departments in the execution of online training briefings and WebEx Conference calls.
- Assist with review and updates to training power points, self-study guides, or other training materials as needed or required.
- Conduct training to complete requirements for weekly Lead Driver Certification Classes.
- Review all DOT inspections, motor vehicle citations, and accident trends as received on CRST drivers or equipment to identify trends and recommend prevention/corrective action measures.
- Work with CRST’s over-the-road drivers who have the skill or other problems and conduct Safety Review/Defensive Driving courses to train/eliminate future problems, accurately preparing and completing associated documentation with inspections, accidents, fleet check reports, and training requirements, and CSA scores.
- Maintain DOT Certifications to conduct pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Maintain compliance with all regulations related to a DOT “Safety Sensitive” position.
- 6-12 months of previous experience in the transportation industry required
- A high school diploma or GED required
- The ability to obtain a Class A CDL and Medical Card is required; a clean driving record is required.
- Basic computer skills needed
- Experience in stand-up training techniques or OTR Driving experience preferred
- It May require up to 50% travel
Did you know?
- CRST is one of the largest privately owned trucking companies in the United States. That means you can count on our experience and ongoing commitment to providing the best service to our customers and the best work environment for our employees.
- We are family-owned. We are dedicated to building on our founder’s legacy to make CRST the transportation solution.
- CRST is headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA but has locations across the nation. Our midwestern hometown is known for strong values, commitment to our community, and the success of manufacturers and producers here and throughout the country. When we thrive, America thrives!
The CRST core values: Safety at the Core of All We Do – Integrity in Every Decision and Action – Commitment to the Success of Employees, Customers, Agents, Contractors and Communities.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Safety+Trainer&c=CRST+The+Transportation+Solution&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=6f3fc7a270c237f8&rtk=1g9nl163ohaqq800&from=rss→