Software Implementation Consultant (Accounting) – National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) – Cedar Rapids, IA
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC
Full Job Description
The primary focus of this position is to provide virtual and occasional onsite project management services for the modules and/or features supported by NISC’s iVUE Financials (ABS) Solution. Strong industry and iVUE Financials (ABS) experience is a must, and project management experience is a plus. The position resides in the Member Value team within the Member Success division, and works closely with the Financials (ABS) Support team and an enterprise team of Member Value Consultants and the Account Management team. The mission of the position is to enhance the success of Members and other NISC employees through providing expertise and guidance on implementing modules and features in the software to increase member utilization and satisfaction. The team continues to evolve in how NISC can more effectively add value to Members, so a person with strong initiative and an innovative mindset is the right fit for this team.
- Manage projects related to providing remote consulting and implementation of services to members around product utilization and best practices.
- Analyze internal data to prioritize opportunities effectively and provide a plan.
- Perform research and data analysis on Member’s product use to better deliver more value to underutilized products or best practices.
- Develop and deliver software training to internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Coordinate and present at related workshops and industry related events as needed.
- Build tools to help support the needs assessment of our Membership and how they utilize NISC’s solutions.
- Build and gain Member interest around implementing new product functionality and/or best practices.
- May be asked to record walk through product trainings and recordings with the internal Learning Center.
- General expectation is primary focus is within one product and one industry.
- Maintain a basic level understanding of product integrations.
- Manage special projects with a moderate to high degree of difficulty with independence as needed or requested.
- May be asked to help participate in NISC’s Member Information Conference, Advisory Meetings and other related events.
- May be asked to mentor others.
- May be asked to engage with internal departments and leadership on internal product road maps.
- May be asked to provide remote and onsite consulting and implementation services to members around a limited scope of products related to utilization and best practices.
- Low level amounts of travel required.
- Perform work duties outside of regular business hours, on an as needed basis, to meet internal and/or customer needs.
- Other duties assigned.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
- 5+ years of related experience preferred.
- Working level knowledge of business-related software applications and services.
- Working level knowledge of the Utility or Telecom industries.
- Working level knowledge of Project Management processes and theory.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong presentation and training skills.
- Strong telephone/email etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Strong research and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize.
- Strong ability to multitask and time manage.
- Strong ability to demonstrate professionalism.
- Strong ability to demonstrate effective decision making.
- Strong ability to set and manage internal and external Member/Customer expectations.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Working level understanding of change management best practices.
- Strong ability to demonstrate initiative and accountability.
NISC’s Shared Values & Competencies:
Integrity – We are committed to doing the right thing – always.
Relationships – We are committed to building and preserving lasting relationships.
Innovation – We promote the spirit of creativity and champion new ideas.
Teamwork – We exemplify the cooperative spirit by working together.
Empowerment – We believe individuals have the power to make a difference.
Personal Development – We believe the free exchange of knowledge and information is absolutely necessary to the success of each individual and the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this position, employees must be able to see and communicate. Employees are regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move, and operate computer keyboards or office equipment.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.
Job Type: Full-time