Supervisor, Tax Experts – BCADS BCOR Administrative Services, LLC – Cedar Rapids, IA
BCADS BCOR Administrative Services, LLC
Full Job Description
Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives – tools often reserved for the wealthy.
We now turn to the next leg, developing the technological tools that make our vision of financial health for all a reality. Atypical for the financial services industry, we take a contemporary approach to strategy and product development that is founded in user insights, rapid testing and a singular focus on driving end-user value.
Since charting new territory on a daily basis is part of everyone’s job at Blucora, we’ve attracted team members who thrive on the challenge, encourage each other, and are passionately committed to the goal. If you agree that problem- solving is a team sport, and feel energized by a good debate, deep dive research, or a fun night out with colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!
TaxAct, a subsidiary of Blucora and sister company to Avantax Wealth Management and Avantax Planning Partners is seeking a Tax Expert Supervisor , who will be responsible for assisting management with leading the daily operations in a fast-paced environment. You will interact one-on-one with our Tax Expert staff as well as train and mentor staff in providing expert guidance and advice, reviewing tax calculations, and clarifying questions within the online software. You will also be responsible to monitor and schedule agents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Major responsibilities of the Tax Expert Supervisor position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In Season Responsibilities:
- Manage, coach, and mentor seasonal Tax Professionals. Provide weekly one-on-one progress tracking/mentoring sessions with your team of agents and assist all agents with day-to-day questions. Provide progress tracking updates both during training and season so they are aware if they are achieving their individual goals.
- Monitor agent schedules and make changes accordingly.
- Perform ongoing contact/call/chat monitoring for quality assurance and suggest adjustments to queues/staffing to ensure service levels are met.
- Make suggestions to management on business process improvements based on call/chat monitoring results. Communicate trending issues to management.
- Facilitate process training to all Tax Experts ensuring they are set up for success.
- Assist Tax Experts when needing technical and operational support including product and tax-related questions.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) of Tax Expert interactions with customers.
- Based on customer interactions, propose needed responses for the knowledge database and send them to the appropriate individual for creation.
- Inspire team and peers with positivity and leadership.
Out of Season Responsibilities:
- Develop training materials and make updates as needed as the Tax Expert Help program evolves.
- Provide tax advice and friendly support to all external customers and serve as a point of escalation for customer requests and concerns.
- Troubleshoot and research customer issues and, when appropriate, clearly communicate them to the appropriate manager or department for quick resolution.
- Responsible for support operations and processes for the TaxAct Tax Xpert Help program.
- Research complex tax-related program issues or questions.
- Other job duties as defined.
Education & Experience
- Previous Tax Expert Help experience-a plus.
- Five (5) or more years of experience preparing federal individual income tax returns.
- Must have a valid PTIN and one of the following active credentials: Enrolled Agent (EA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or practicing tax attorney. May also accept IRS Annual Filing Season Program participants with a Record of Completion.
- 2 – 3 years of call center supervisory experience or equivalent experience
- Must have experience with online tax software.
- 2 plus years of Microsoft Suite experience including Teams, Sharepoint, Planner, and OneNote.
- Proven experience conducting tax research leveraging trustworthy sources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- Helps to maintain a positive work environment.
Physical Demand & Work Effort
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
At Blucora, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, Blucora welcomes and celebrates diversity and inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At Blucora, you can expect a supportive, open and inclusive atmosphere and a team that values your contributions.
Blucora, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Avantax Wealth Management, Avantax Planning Partners (formerly HK Financial Services), and TaxAct are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other status protected under federal or state law. Blucora, considers information gathered in the hiring process, including information on this application, confidential, and only shares it on a need-to know basis or as required by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HR@Blucora.com or by calling 972-870-6000 to speak with a member of the HR Talent Acquisition team.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Supervisor&c=BCADS+BCOR+Administrative+Services&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=a81a2ae8d25476b6&rtk=1fc422is2u1vk800&from=rss→