Support Specialist – Telecom Customer Care & Billing Software – National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) – Cedar Rapids, IA
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC
Full Job Description
Would you like to build a career with a company who stresses the importance of solid relationships and presents a challenging work load? NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for fourteen consecutive years and we are looking for a qualified individual to join our Telecom Support team. Become part of a team that is responsible for providing exceptional customer service via the telephone and e-mail, while supporting NISC Member/Customers in their use of NISC’s applications. This highly motivated person will assist customers in all aspects of application support including troubleshooting, training, and on-going support.
To learn more about Telecom Support, click here.
- Provide superior customer support to internal and external customers in all aspects of application support.
- Prepare Change Requests (CRs) and follow-up to resolution.
- Assist in performing research of basic level application problems, resolve issues for Member/Customers.
- May perform training or deliver remote application training to Member/Customers via Web Tools.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
- 0+ years of related experience preferred.
- Basic level knowledge of business-related software applications and services.
- Basic level knowledge of the Utility and/or Telecom industries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone/email etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Basic level research and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot.
- Basic level ability to demonstrate initiative & accountability.
- Basic level ability to multi task and time manage.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
NISC’s Shared Values & Competencies:
- Integrity – We are committed to doing the right thing – always.
- Relationships – We are committed to building and preserving lasting relationships.
- Innovation – We promote the spirit of creativity and champion new ideas.
- Teamwork – We exemplify the cooperative spirit by working together.
- Empowerment – We believe individuals have the power to make a difference.
- Personal Development – We believe the free exchange of knowledge and information is absolutely necessary to the success of each individual and the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience.
Other Qualifications/Certifications Preferred:
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this position, employees must be able to see and communicate. Employees are regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move, and operate computer keyboards or office equipment.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.
Job Type: Full-time