Trucking Risk Specialist – Covered by Sage – Cedar Rapids, IA
Covered by Sage
$80,000 – $150,000 a year
Commercial Insurance Sales: 3 years (Required)
Trucking Insurance Sales: 3 years (Required)
Full Job Description
Trucking Risk Specialist Job Description
Welcome to Covered by SAGE!
We are one of the top insurance advisors that empower smart tech to fulfill our customers’ insurance needs!
At Covered by SAGE, our mission is to simplify insurance, improve transparency and match the right customer with the right insurance partner. We achieve this by using state-of-the-art, proprietary software designed by insurance professionals for our agents.
We strive to give honest, transparent advice when our customers need it to provide them with the best service possible.
Our company is expanding quickly, with employees located around the globe working remotely and using the most advanced insurance management systems.
We are looking to add a Trucking Risk Specialist to our winning team to move forward with us!
This is a fully remote position. We will set you up with a laptop and all the resources you need to succeed. Discover the joys of working from home and build your career with us.
Only licensed insurance agents may apply for this position.
Some of the skills and values we are looking for:
- Ability to handle a large lead volume and convert from prospect to client
- Demonstrated ability to verify information, quote, propose and close new business and maintaining long-lasting relationships with existing clients
- Receive, review and present proposals to prospects and convert to clients
- Maintain all client activity and notes in the agency management system
- Follow up with all clients, underwriters, and brokers on time
- Work with clients to present protection and risk management plans and options that fit their risk profiles
- Maintain professional & good working relationships between various carriers, underwriters, and other outside agencies and organizations
- Monitor critical areas, such as loss ratio, costs, retention ratio, and new business hit ratio; formulating corrective action where necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2-3 years specific trucking insurance sales experience
- P&C License is required, and a CA License is preferred
- Experience in direct carrier quoting, experience with MGA/Wholesale/Broker submissions, processes, and interactions. Proven history of building and retaining a large, commercial client base
- Fluent with Microsoft products, including Teams, with the ability to quickly learn new apps and systems
- Currently licensed in multiple states or ability to gain non-resident licensing as needed
- Continuously stay up to date with current industry trends & regulations
- Identify and solicit sales prospects from outside sources to grow book
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience of being a team player in a highly driven sales environment
- Upbeat, positive, and outgoing personality
- Demonstrated proficiency in sales and marketing
- Highly organized, quick to follow up with clients, underwriters, service, etc
- High attention-to-detail
- MUST be able, be honest with the client and strictly adhere to all underwriting guidelines.
- Quickly build rapport and gain the client’s trust.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $80,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Commercial Insurance Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Trucking Insurance Sales: 3 years (Required)
- CA License (Required)
- One location
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Trucking+Risk+Specialist&c=Covered+by+Sage&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=5252de8fcfd71876&rtk=1fcju6om2u4tb800&from=rss→