Utility Pole Inspection Laborer – Osmose – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
Do you like to travel? Work outdoors? Enjoy a challenge?
Consider a career with Osmose.
Osmose Utilities Services, Inc. is an 80-year strong company that specializes in providing services to the utility and telecommunications industries on a national scale. We are looking for motivated individuals who will assist the foreman with pole inspection, treatment, and pole restoration.
Must be willing to travel throughout your region.
- Operate in a safe and efficient manner utilizing all required safety equipment (hard hat, safety vest, work boots, etc.)
- Utilize equipment to excavate ground material around utility poles.
- Apply wood preservatives to the ground line area of a pole. Drive steel into the ground to help restore poles.
- Help install steel trusses to deteriorated wood poles. Must achieve and maintain acceptable levels of productivity and quality of work based on job norm and in comparison, to fellow employees.
- Operate company vehicle (if applicable and qualified).
- Perform all other reasonable duties as assigned by the Foreman.
Education and/or Experience
- No prior experience or training
- Must be willing to travel away from home for short and extended periods to various job locations when necessary.
- Must maintain a consistent attendance record and be available for work Monday through Saturday.
- All applicants must comply with the Osmose Policy for a Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace.
- This position requires successful completion of pre-employment drug screening prior to starting.
Osmose is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vet
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Utility+Pole+Inspection+Laborer&c=Osmose&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=fa138c5ee2f3b083&rtk=1g5u35ajmpv13800&from=rss→