Volunteer – Youth Engagement Lead – American Red Cross – Cedar Rapids, IA
American Red Cross
Full Job Description
Youth Engagement Lead
The Youth Engagement Lead serves as a peer and confidante working collaboratively with the Regional Volunteer Services Officer. This position is virtual.
Services team, specifically the Engagement Specialist, will support National Youth Strategy goals and objectives to educate and engage youth in all aspects of the Red Cross mission.
- Develop and execute an implementation work plan outlining objectives, strategies, and tactics supporting the 5 pillars of the National Youth Strategy (Learning, Blood Donors, Fundraising, International Humanitarian Law and Social Engagement) and regional youth engagement priorities.
- Identify and assess opportunities for youth engagement in the 5 pillars of youth engagement
- Collaborate with Engagement Specialist to create realistic targets, focused on delivering results in the 5 pillars of youth engagement
- Empower youth volunteerism and leadership by building connections between youth and the Red Cross mission
- Work closely with Engagement Specialist to integrate youth into Red Cross programs and activities
- Develop/build a team of skilled volunteers, including Red Cross Club Coordinators; build rapport with youth engagement team and youth volunteers to better support their growth and development Key Involvement in Ad Hoc projects (both tactical and strategic) when required.
- Experience working with and leading youth and young adults
- Leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service, specifically youth and young adult volunteer opportunities
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
- Works well individually and with others
- Ability to work with and utilize Volunteer Connection database
- Exceptional people skills to understand and meet the needs of a diverse audience
- Team building, and succession planning skills to build youth program continuity
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partner as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteers as needed
- Understanding the value of youth and young adult volunteers and providing leadership and support to ensure youth and young adult volunteers are productive anrong program management skills
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $0.01 per hour
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Volunteer&c=American+Red+Cross&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=1b693fd92e185de1&rtk=1fkjcpropu3ji800&from=rss→