Wine and Spirits Clerk – Hy-Vee, Inc. – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise “a helpful smile in every aisle” and those smiles can only come from a workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our customers and each other.
Job Title: Wine & Spirits Clerk
Department: Wine & Spirits
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Educates customers about products. Rotates, faces, and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met.
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director, Store Manager, Assistant Manager of; Perishables, Store Operations, and Health Wellness Home; Wine & Spirits Department Manager
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers’ names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Educates customers about products.
- Rotates, faces, and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review invoices.
- Maintains displays in the department and throughout the store.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orders product at supervisor’s request.
- Assists with inventory as requested.
- Builds displays as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
Education and Experience:
- No education requirement.
- Over six months up to one year of similar or related work experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
This position is occasionally exposed to dirt, cleaning solvents and equipment movement hazards. There is exposure to temperature extremes and dampness. This is a fast paced work environment with significant pressure.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Two wheeler, cash register, pallet jack, box cutter, feather duster, and telephone.
Has daily contact with customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies, and the general public.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Wine+Spirit+Clerk&c=Hy-Vee&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=49e165a902bd90db&rtk=1g2n60s0rpkpv800&from=rss→